Celebrity stylist Neil Weisberg, co-owner of Mèche Salon in Beverly Hills wants you to have a love affair with your hair, as he does with his famous clients’ hair. This London-born coif master really cares about his clients and likens a well-done cut to a good red wine. The sophistication, balance and polish that come with his $375 haircut and blow out, are appreciated by those with discriminating taste and high hair standards.
But, Neil is no hair snob. Even though he is one of Hollywood’s most sought after stylists (Neil gives Charlize Theron her stylish locks), he is extremely kind and humble. If Mèche Salon is not in your area or budget, Neil still wants you to feel like a starlet.
When I sat down with him at his uber-cool salon (his partner is celebrity colorist, Tracey Cunningham), to talk hair, here’s what secrets he revealed to rock great hair everyday.
- Hair vitamins, they’re great for overall health including length retention, protecting against split ends and improving shine. My favorite is Viviscal. It’s clinically tested.
- Shampoo, my new favorite shampoo is Your Hair Assistant by Davines. It smells great and adds a layer of sexy easiness to any hair type.
- My new obsession is the Dyson Hair Dryer, it’s super strong and lightweight. The build is incredible, there’s no suction from the back of the dryer means no accidental tangling.
- Regular trimming is always the key, split ends tend to travel up the hair strand and create more damage. Every other color service is a good reminder.
- Hair oil, a drop on the scalp and on the ends every night will help with dryness. It’s great when brushed through with a Mason Pearson brush to help distribution. My favorite, Uma Hair Oil, an organic restorative nourishing hair oil that doubles as a deep treatment.
Hair’s to you Neil for the great tips!